Sign up for a new account.
And get access to
The latest T1D content
Research that matters
Our daily questions
Sign up by entering your info below.
Reset Your Password
We will email you instructions to reset your
- Fear of hypoglycemia (FoH) impedes psychological wellbeing, quality of life, and diabetes management.
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) recommends screening
for FoH using standardized and validated tools and in the
case of positive findings, referring to a mental health
- Existing FoH measures have limited uptake in clinical practice
and lack thresholds informing action.
- We developed and validated a short, actionable 9-item
screener that assesses two domains of FoH – “worry” (6
items) and “behavior” (3 items).
- The FoH screener showed good internal consistency
(Cronbach’s α = 0.88) and is hoped to be used in clinical
To understand FoH in a real-world clinical setting, we evaluated
the prevalence of FoH and the associated demographic and
clinical characteristics in adult patients with type 1 diabetes (T1D)
using the newly validated FoH screener.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.