Clinics in the T1D Exchange Quality Improvement Collaborative (T1DX-QI) network develop and disseminate best practices in T1D care. The T1DX-QI currently brings together 54 endocrinology clinics across the United States — treating over 100,000 people with type 1 diabetes.
New clinics across the United States are joining every year — is your clinic next?
Since its creation, the T1DX-QI has accomplished a variety of impactful work, including:
- 90+ active research projects striving to improve patient care
- Launched a pilot program to serve the type 2 diabetes population
- Published research in over 40 top medical journals since 2019
- Shared 70+ presentations at international conferences
- Influencing active international collaborations
- Expanding the Health Equity Advancement Lab (HEAL) Program
- Mapping data at 16 participating centers
- Improving overall HbA1c trends across all participating clinics
- 18 manuscripts accepted and published so far in 2022
- 25 abstracts accepted/presented at 5 International conferences in 2022
Regarding real-world results, the T1DX-QI has seen significant success in improving patient care across member clinics, including:
- Increasing CGM prescriptions and use
- Developing programs to help patients with A1c’s over 9%
- Increasing access to diabetes technology in certain racial/ethnic groups
- Improving mental health screen in both adult and pediatric clinics
- Increasing clinic visit frequency in Medicaid-insured youth
- Decreasing DKA hospitalizations through a targeted diabetes wellness program
- Increasing follow-up attendance after DKA hospitalizations
- Creating screening to identify and address fear of hypoglycemia
- …and more!