Sign up for a new account.
And get access to
The latest T1D content
Research that matters
Our daily questions
Sign up by entering your info below.
Reset Your Password
We will email you instructions to reset your
This National Diabetes Awareness Month, we shared 30 Facts in 30 Days about the T1D Exchange Registry: our comprehensive research study of people with type 1 diabetes in the United States.
Today, we’re sharing the 3 facts that our community found the most interesting!
1. Fact #4: The oldest person with T1D in the Registry is 89 years old.
2. Fact #6: In the Registry:
- 49.5% of participants were diagnosed at 12 years old or younger
- 13.6% were diagnosed at age 13-17
- 25.3% were diagnosed at age 18-35
- 8.4% were diagnosed at age 36-55
- 2% were diagnosed at 56 years old or older
3. Fact #13: The 5 most common comorbidities of people in the Registry:
- Eye Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Fungal Infections
- Dental Issues
Thank you for being part of our community this year!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Join our mailing list for more about T1D
- Connect1d Canada partners with the T1D Exchangeby Deborah TaylorSeptember 20, 2021
- Fear of Hypoglycemia and Its Impactby Taylor DennisSeptember 16, 2021
- Type 1 Diabetes Online Resources – September 2021by Samantha RobinsonSeptember 9, 2021
- T1D Exchange Appoints Two New Members to its Board of Directorsby Deborah TaylorSeptember 8, 2021
- Status Update: Automated Insulin Delivery Devicesby Hope WarshawSeptember 1, 2021