Sign up for a new account.
And get access to
The latest T1D content
Research that matters
Our daily questions
Sign up by entering your info below.
Reset Your Password
We will email you instructions to reset your
There is a dearth of research characterizing the impact on a caregiver’s sleep when caring for a minor with type 1 diabetes. This study used focus groups of people with type 1 diabetes and caregivers of minors with type 1 diabetes to explore the experience of how diabetes affects sleep. The occurrence of both unanticipated and planned sleep disruptions led to the majority of participants reporting that their sleep was considerably affected by diabetes. Despite the improvement in blood glucose management that diabetes technology devices can provide, people with type 1 diabetes and their caregivers still report sleep disruption and sleep loss resulting from overnight diabetes management.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Join our mailing list for more about T1D
- An Interview with Dr. Enrique Caballero: Providing Culturally-Oriented Care to the Latinx Communityby Taylor DennisOctober 14, 2021
- Dr. Osagie Ebekozien Awarded ISPAD’s Prize for Innovation in Pediatric Diabetes Careby Sarah TackettOctober 13, 2021
- T1D Exchange Research Highlights from ISPAD 2021by Sarah TackettOctober 13, 2021
- Status Update: Connected Insulin Delivery Devicesby Hope WarshawOctober 7, 2021
- Top Questions of the Day – September 2021by Sarah TackettSeptember 30, 2021