Sign up for a new account.
And get access to
The latest T1D content
Research that matters
Our daily questions
Sign up by entering your info below.
Reset Your Password
We will email you instructions to reset your
Diabetes mellitus is associated with increased COVID-19 morbidity and mortality, but there are few data focusing on outcomes in people with type 1 diabetes.
The objective of this study was to analyze characteristics of adults with type 1 diabetes for associations with COVID-19 hospitalization.
An observational multisite cross-sectional study was performed. Diabetes care providers answered a 33-item questionnaire regarding demographics, symptoms, and diabetes- and COVID-19-related care and outcomes. Descriptive statistics were used to describe the study population, and multivariate logistic regression models were used to analyze the relationship between glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c), age, and comorbidities and hospitalization.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Join our mailing list for more about T1D
- Type 1 Diabetes Online Resources – September 2021by Samantha RobinsonSeptember 9, 2021
- T1D Exchange Appoints Two New Members to its Board of Directorsby Deborah TaylorSeptember 8, 2021
- Status Update: Automated Insulin Delivery Devicesby Hope WarshawSeptember 1, 2021
- Top Questions of the Day – August 2021by Sarah TackettAugust 31, 2021
- A Guide to CGMs and Medicaid Coverage Differences by Stateby Christine FallabelAugust 26, 2021