Sign up for a new account.
And get access to
The latest T1D content
Research that matters
Our daily questions
Sign up by entering your info below.
Reset Your Password
We will email you instructions to reset your
It’s a new year! When you live with T1D, setting realistic goals is important — just remember, every big goal involves lots of patient little steps!
We asked our Online Community what diabetes-related goals they set for themselves in 2023. Here’s what they had to say:
- “Experimenting with my diet to keep my glucose levels straight and not spikey.”
- “Make it to 2024…and beyond!”
- “My goal is to do the best I can! I would love to lose a few pounds and learn more of how-to bolus to keep my after-meal numbers level.”
- “To get healthier, all around, inside and out. Also, to stop rebounds of high and low.”
- “Lose weight and lower my A1C.”
- “I always try for better blood sugars/A1C each new year. This year, I am adding Time in Range!”
- “All I want to do is get back in my ‘diabetes groove’, by which I mean pods/boluses work as expected so that I am not having to correct and catch up as often.”
- “More advocacy for T1D rights and cure research.”
- “My goal is to keep on keepin’ on.”
- “Work to reduce the shaming and stigmatizing language around diabetes that is used by my colleagues.”
- “I want to decrease the amount of time I spend under 70 mg/dL. I hate highs so as a result I spend too much time in the lower range.”
- “Decrease my frequency of VERY low blood glucose. I’ve had too many of them, especially recently. Try to use more extended boluses and take my insulin a little closer to my mealtime.”
- “Finding a Cure for T1D rather than just living with it. That’s my goal.”
- “Really the same goal as every year and that’s to stay in range as much as possible without getting upset that perfection is never going to happen in this area.”
- “To stay the course of being in control of this thing called T1D to the best of my abilities.”
- “In 2023, I have two goals: I will participate in one T1D study and track/limit the amount of fat I eat.”
Did YOU set diabetes-related goals for 2023? Share with us in the comments!
Join the T1D Exchange Online Community today. Hit “Join” in the upper right corner of our website to answer our daily Question of the Day, read engaging article and stay in the loop about the latest T1D news.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.