Sign up for a new account.
And get access to
The latest T1D content
Research that matters
Our daily questions
Sign up by entering your info below.
Reset Your Password
We will email you instructions to reset your
T1D Exchange to Highlight Quality Improvement Data at ISPAD 2020 Virtual Annual Conference
In keeping with its mission to advance a better world for children, adolescents and young adults with diabetes, the International Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Diabetes (ISPAD) will hold its 46th Annual Conference virtually from October 15 to 17, 2020. The ISPAD Annual Conference is an opportunity for people working in diabetes clinical care, education, research and advocacy from around the world to gather and learn about the latest data and ideas on diabetes care, education and research.
T1D Exchange is proud to have a major presence at ISPAD 2020. Our team will participate in an Invited Plenary Session focused on diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) titled, “Inequities in DKA Presentation of Pediatric and Adolescent patients with T1D during the COVID pandemic: T1D Exchange Data,” presented by Dr. Osagie Ebekozian, Vice President of Quality Improvement and Population Health.
In addition, the T1D Exchange Quality Improvement Collaborative (QIC) team led by Dr. Ebekozian will share data from eight abstracts focused on quality improvement, population health and real-world evidence and outcomes of people living with type 1 diabetes (T1D).
The presentations showcase how the T1D Exchange QIC is paving the way on improving outcomes for the T1D population through real-world evidence and collaborative change, including improving Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) uptake, improving insulin pumps for patients with T1D, and highlighting racial and ethnic disparities of presenting symptoms and outcomes among patients with T1D and confirmed COVID-19 in the U.S. The eight T1D Exchange abstracts are:
- Improving diabetes care through population health studies: insights from the largest U.S population based T1D cohort. Corathers, et al.
- A population health data platform to improve outcomes in the T1D Exchange Quality Improvement Collaborative (T1DX-QI). Alonso, et al.
- Improving care for high-risk patients: lessons from the T1D Exchange Quality Improvement Collaborative (T1DX-QI). Rioles, et al.
- Description of presenting symptoms and outcomes among patients with type 1 diabetes and confirmed or suspected COVID-19 in the United States. Gallagher et al.
- Multi-site quality improvement project: improving Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) uptake across ten U.S Centers. Prahalad, et al.
- Multi-center quality improvement collaborative: improving insulin pumps for patients with type 1 diabetes in the U.S. Lee, et al.
- Patient demographics and clinical outcomes among type 1 diabetes (T1D) patients using Continuous Glucose Monitors (CGMs): real world evidence from a large U.S. collaborative. Noor, et al.
- Race/Ethnicity Disparities of presenting symptoms and outcomes among patients with type 1 diabetes with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 in the United States. Ebekozien, et al.
Anyone attending ISPAD is welcome to join us for insightful discussion and idea exchange during these sessions and we look forward to “seeing” you there!
In addition, Dr. Ebekozian and our Co-Principal Investigators on the T1D and COVID-19 study will provide more in-depth data and findings at a detailed presentation during National Diabetes Awareness Month in November. Check back for more details soon.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Join our mailing list for more about T1D
- Celebrating 2 Years of the T1D Exchange Registryby Sarah TackettJuly 27, 2021
- Latest News on CGM and Dexcom Straight from the CEO, Kevin Sayerby Hope WarshawJuly 22, 2021
- Type 1 Diabetes and Mental Healthby Taylor DennisJuly 19, 2021
- Everything you need to know about Type 1 Diabetes now in Spanish.by Susana ElmanJuly 16, 2021
- July 2021 Clinical Diabetes Special Collection: T1D Exchange QICby Sarah TackettJuly 15, 2021