T1D Exchange was founded on the belief that improving outcomes in type 1 diabetes (T1D) requires a new approach—one that helps researchers conduct better research faster.
- Better because it’s patient-driven and more informed.
- Faster because T1D Exchange provides researchers with access to resources they need to conduct clinical studies that advance therapies and improve clinical care.
Through integrated programs focused on patient engagement, clinical care and science , we enable the entire T1D ecosystem to collaborate in truly novel ways. Our innovative model offers researchers access to aggregated clinical, biological, patient-reported outcomes and electronic health record data, all while fostering collaboration among patients, physicians, researchers and industry. We have built key resources to support our strategy:
- Health data from 28,000+ patients revealing trends, insights and discoveries about type 1
- 75 clinics across the country with an army of clinicians caring for more than 100,000 people with type 1 and performing real-world research
- 2,000 biosamples and an additional 2,000 people who have agreed to provide biosamples on-demand to help scientists learn more about cause and prevention of type 1
- Tens of thousands of people touched by T1D (the ‘Glu’ community), whose voice and experiences are translated into powerful, real-world research.