Sign up for a new account.
And get access to
The latest T1D content
Research that matters
Our daily questions
Sign up by entering your info below.
Reset Your Password
We will email you instructions to reset your
Your Daily News Roundup
Everything you need to know this week about type 1 diabetes and coronavirus updates, in one easy-to-read place!
Researchers, advocates, clinicians, and organizations around the country and across the web have been hard at work, creating resources for people living with T1D to better handle the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
We’re taking the opportunity each week to share some of those resources that may help people get through this challenging time with the help of partners and experts.
We will be sharing the most recent, most relevant behavior change content from Beyond Type 1, JDRF, and more!
Take a look!
This week, we’re focusing on legislation that has the potential to help keep our community safe until we’re all safe, and resources to help our community weigh and mitigate risks as they head back into society.
Here are some of the stories to keep an eye on this week.
Check out these articles:
- Preliminary Findings from the T1D Exchange COVID-19 Study. Important preliminary findings from the T1D Exchange multi-center surveillance study on people with T1D and COVID-19 were published this week in the Diabetes Care journal.
- Managing a Young Life With Diabetes, and Riding Through Challenges. Morgan Panzirer doesn’t remember much of a time before she had type 1 diabetes – she was diagnosed at 6 years old. Despite the physical and emotional toll the disease can exact – one that many of us are thoroughly familiar with – Morgan has been able to channel the struggles and the unique experiences of T1D into some truly remarkable opportunities. Click here to read the full article.
- Measuring a Year – the First Anniversary of the T1D Exchange Registry. June marks a milestone of great importance and excitement for T1D Exchange – it’s been exactly one year since the T1D Exchange Registry launched to the public, bringing together a large number of people with type 1 diabetes from around the country.
- CoronavirusDiabetes.org is now available in German, the 7th language our partners have helped us make available.
- Check out this fun video inviting the T1D Community to remember to put on their masks, on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Protect Us All Wear a Mask.
Here are a few of the most exciting and important resources that we’ve seen about this topic in the last few weeks — we’ll be updating the list regularly as time goes on!
Check out these articles:
- Nationwide research participation remains far too low for racial/ethnic minorities and other underrepresented groups. Read this important piece on Why Diversity is Important in Research.
- T1D Exchange to Present Ten Studies Focused on Quality Improvement, Population Health, and Real-World Evidence in Type 1 Diabetes at 80th American Diabetes Association Scientific Sessions.
- “You Don’t Know When the Sugar’s Going to Kick In” – T1D Exchange Research on Managing Diabetes During a Marathon.
- Moving the Needle on the High-Risk T1D Patient – Lessons and Perspectives from the T1D Exchange Quality Improvement Collaborative
- The decision of whether to stay or leave a job that is not providing accommodations you need is a complicated and emotional one, especially during a pandemic. Check out this piece on fighting off job discrimination with Type 1 diabetes during COVID-19.
- New preliminary data from the T1D Exchange suggest that although hyperglycemia and diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) are common in people with type 1 diabetes who develop COVID-19, many are still able to manage the illness at home and overall mortality is relatively low. Click here to read more insights into how half of those with COVID-19 and Type 1 diabetes manage the virus at home.
- New Global Registry Investigates COVID-19 and New-Onset Diabetes. There have been very initial observations on a possible tie between COVID-19 and the onset of diabetes.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Join our mailing list for more about T1D
- Type 1 Diabetes Online Resources – September 2021by Samantha RobinsonSeptember 9, 2021
- T1D Exchange Appoints Two New Members to its Board of Directorsby Deborah TaylorSeptember 8, 2021
- Status Update: Automated Insulin Delivery Devicesby Hope WarshawSeptember 1, 2021
- Top Questions of the Day – August 2021by Sarah TackettAugust 31, 2021
- A Guide to CGMs and Medicaid Coverage Differences by Stateby Christine FallabelAugust 26, 2021