Sign up for a new account.
And get access to
The latest T1D content
Research that matters
Our daily questions
Sign up by entering your info below.
Reset Your Password
We will email you instructions to reset your
Your Daily News Roundup
Everything you need to know this week about type 1 diabetes and coronavirus updates, in one easy-to-read place!
Researchers, advocates, clinicians, and organizations around the country and across the web have been hard at work, creating resources for people living with T1D to better handle the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
We’re taking the opportunity each week to share some of those resources that may help people get through this challenging time with the help of partners and experts.
We will be sharing the most recent, most relevant behavior change content from Beyond Type 1, JDRF, and more!
Take a look!
This week, we’re focusing on legislation that has the potential to help keep our community safe until we’re all safe, and resources to help our community weigh and mitigate risks as they head back into society.
Here are some of the stories to keep an eye on this week.
T1D Exchange is pleased to announce the preliminary results of its population health surveillance study, “Type 1 Diabetes and COVID-19: Preliminary Findings from a Multi-Center Surveillance Study in the United States,” recently published in Diabetes Care, the peer-reviewed medical journal of the American Diabetes Association.
The study focuses on individuals with type 1 diabetes (T1D) who are suspected or confirmed to have contracted Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). This is the first U.S. based, multi-center study to examine patient characteristics and adverse outcomes among individuals with confirmed or suspected COVID-19.
- SUMMER IS HERE: ARE YOU STILL SAFER AT HOME? Read this piece on Weighing risks of exposure and how we can make smart choices.
- Check out this image on Instagram, shared to remind people to consider #BigLittleChanges.
- Click at the link to find on Facebook this video resource on how to cope with T1D during stressful and uncertain times.
- Watch this video about Navigating the Psychosocial Impacts of T1D on Children During Quarantine.
The American Diabetes Association (ADA)
- The COVID-19 Testing, Reaching and Contacting Everyone (TRACE) Act helps local organizations create mobile testing units and conduct door-to-door outreach with a special preference for hot spots and underserved communities.
- The Affordable Insulin for the COVID-19 Emergency Act would eliminate insulin cost-sharing for seniors living with diabetes enrolled in Medicare Part D during the COVID-19 emergency. Seniors would also be able to obtain a 90-day supply of insulin by mail to avoid the risk of going to the pharmacy.
Here are a few of the most exciting and important resources that we’ve seen about this topic in the last few weeks — we’ll be updating the list regularly as time goes on!
- Read Here an Important Message From Our CEO David Walton.
- Happy First T1D Exchange Registry Anniversary! At T1D Exchange, we want to generate real-world evidence to directly impact people living with type 1 diabetes. The positive outcomes are the combined efforts of a growing, strong, and tenacious community. If you haven’t registered yet, we invite you to participate and help drive research that matters. https://registry.t1dplatform.org/landing
- The Impact of COVID-19 on African-Americans. New data on the deaths from coronavirus shows the pandemic is impacting communities of color at disproportionate rates. African-Americans and other minorities are more likely to have underlying conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, and asthma, contributing to the mortality rate of COVID-19. Click here to learn more.
- Diabetes psychologist Mark Heyman created these tips to maximize our baseline health during these challenging times.
- The American Diabetes Association (ADA) has prepared and collected information and resources to assist people with diabetes during the COVID-19 pandemic. Find here an excellent resource on knowing your rights as you go back to or continue to navigate, work.
- The Diabetes Hope Foundation invites you to their Wellness Wednesday Webinars with T1D Peer Support mentors, to help you stay grounded & connected through COVID-19.
- On Saturday, June 6, Arogya World is hosting an open webinar on COVID-19 and Diabetes with Emory’s Dr. Venkat Narayan.
- TCOYD and The diaTribe Foundation invite you to join the 14th Annual Diabetes Forum for an impactful and sophisticated discussion on the cutting-edge developments in diabetes from key opinion leaders. TCOYD’s 14th Annual Diabetes Forum is happening virtually on Monday, June 15.
More From the Web.
- FDA Asks Companies to Recall Diabetes Medication Metformin Over Cancer-Causing Chemical. Click Here for more information.
- University of Michigan: People with type 1 diabetes spend $2,500 a year in health care costs.
T1D Exchange to Present Ten Studies Focused on Quality Improvement, Population Health and Real-World Evidence in Type 1 Diabetes at 80th American Diabetes Association Scientific Sessions
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.