Sign up for a new account.
And get access to
The latest T1D content
Research that matters
Our daily questions
Sign up by entering your info below.
Reset Your Password
We will email you instructions to reset your
Your Daily News Roundup
Everything you need to know this week about type 1 diabetes and coronavirus updates, in one easy-to-read place!
Researchers, advocates, clinicians, and organizations around the country and across the web have been hard at work, creating resources for people living with T1D to better handle the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
We’re taking the opportunity each week to share some of those resources that may help people get through this challenging time with the help of partners and experts.
We will be sharing the most recent, most relevant behavior change content from Beyond Type 1, JDRF, and more!
Take a look!
Here are some of the stories to keep an eye on this week.
- Read Here an Important Message From Our CEO David Walton.
- Happy First T1D Exchange Registry Anniversary! At T1D Exchange, we want to generate real-world evidence to directly impact people living with type 1 diabetes. The positive outcomes are the combined efforts of a growing, strong, and tenacious community. If you haven’t registered yet, we invite you to participate and help drive research that matters. https://registry.t1dplatform.org/landing
- The Impact of COVID-19 on African-Americans. New data on the deaths from coronavirus shows the pandemic is impacting communities of color at disproportionate rates. African-Americans and other minorities are more likely to have underlying conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, and asthma, contributing to the mortality rate of COVID-19. Click here to learn more.
- Diabetes psychologist Mark Heyman created these tips to maximize our baseline health during these challenging times.
- The American Diabetes Association (ADA) has prepared and collected information and resources to assist people with diabetes during the COVID-19 pandemic. Find here an excellent resource on knowing your rights as you go back to or continue to navigate, work.
- The Diabetes Hope Foundation invites you to their Wellness Wednesday Webinars with T1D Peer Support mentors, to help you stay grounded & connected through COVID-19.
- On Saturday, June 6, Arogya World is hosting an open webinar on COVID-19 and Diabetes with Emory’s Dr. Venkat Narayan.
- TCOYD and The diaTribe Foundation invite you to join the 14th Annual Diabetes Forum for an impactful and sophisticated discussion on the cutting-edge developments in diabetes from key opinion leaders. TCOYD’s 14th Annual Diabetes Forum is happening virtually on Monday, June 15.
More From the Web.
- FDA Asks Companies to Recall Diabetes Medication Metformin Over Cancer-Causing Chemical. Click Here for more information.
- University of Michigan: People with type 1 diabetes spend $2,500 a year in health care costs.
Here are a few of the most exciting and important resources that we’ve seen about this topic in the last few weeks — we’ll be updating the list regularly as time goes on!
- A new study recently released by the National Health Service in the United Kingdom showed that people with type 1 diabetes are significantly more likely to die in the hospital setting from COVID-19 than people living with type 2 diabetes.
- Find here some ways to set boundaries with loved ones during COVID-19 – without feeling sorry about it.
- In Spanish/En Español. ¿HAS OÍDO HABLAR DEL HAMBRE EMOCIONAL? This article dives into managing emotional eating and its impact on health and blood sugar levels. Encuentra aquí claves que pueden ayudar a combatirla.
- In Mexico, Bien Comer published this interview on COVID-19 and Diabetes with Beyond Type 1 staff member Mariana Gómez. Encuentra aquí una entrevista muy interesante y educativa sobre COVID-19 Y Diabetes Tipo 1.
- Co-Founder and Head Coach of Diabetes Strong Christel Oerum created this social media video on how to stay active and healthy while physically distancing.
- In India, the Blue Circle Diabetes Foundation has created the Blue Circle Buddy Project – a psychosocial helpline for people with diabetes. The resource is available for people with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes and their caregivers, around the world. Volunteers are fluent in English, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Telugu, Tamil and Punjabi.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Join our mailing list for more about T1D
- Connect1d Canada partners with the T1D Exchangeby Deborah TaylorSeptember 20, 2021
- Fear of Hypoglycemia and Its Impactby Taylor DennisSeptember 16, 2021
- Type 1 Diabetes Online Resources – September 2021by Samantha RobinsonSeptember 9, 2021
- T1D Exchange Appoints Two New Members to its Board of Directorsby Deborah TaylorSeptember 8, 2021
- Status Update: Automated Insulin Delivery Devicesby Hope WarshawSeptember 1, 2021