Sign up for a new account.
And get access to
The latest T1D content
Research that matters
Our daily questions
Sign up by entering your info below.
Reset Your Password
We will email you instructions to reset your
Your Daily News Roundup
Everything you need to know this week about type 1 diabetes and coronavirus updates, in one easy-to-read place!
Researchers, advocates, clinicians, and organizations around the country and across the web have been hard at work, creating resources for people living with T1D to better handle the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
We’re taking the opportunity each week to share some of those resources each week that may help people get through this challenging time with the help of partners and experts.
We will be sharing the most recent, most relevant behavior change content from Beyond Type 1, JDRF, and more!
Take a look!
Here are some of the stories to keep an eye on this week.
University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
- Are you older than 18 years old, living with type 1 diabetes? You are invited to join this study! The information collected will be used to develop treatments to improve diabetes care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Beyond Type 1
COVID19 + DIABETES UPDATE
- The UK’s National Health Service (@NHSuk) released the FIRST study that breaks down COVID-19 mortality risk by type of diabetes among patients being treated in hospitals.
- 10 WAYS TO STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID-19. Find in this article the ten best pieces of (semi-satirical!) advice to maximize personal hygiene, minimize physical interaction, and slow the spread of the novel coronavirus.
- MY INSPIRATIONS TO STAY AT HOME. One person is using loved ones as inspiration to stay home.
- After just three weeks, the campaign #BigLittleChanges has reached almost 40MM impressions.
- Actors Victor Garber and Gavin Lewis have shared #BigLittleChanges on Instagram. (Gavin’s video can be downloaded here)
- Find here JDRF staff members’ and experts’ experiences on adopting protective behaviors.
Beyond type 1 + JDRF
- CoronavirusDiabetes.org is available in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Bulgarian. The downloadable recommendations are also available in Turkish.
- For all of those living with diabetes, DiaTribe has created a helpful video on telemedicine, including information on what it is and how to utilize it best.
American Diabetes Association (ADA)
- Click here to find a comprehensive resource on the rights of workers with diabetes.
In Spanish (En español)
- C.U.I.D.A.R in Argentina has built a resource page for people living with diabetes. Encuentra aquí contenido e información importante para personas que viven con diabetes. Toma todas las medidas necesarias, y protege tu salud durante esta pandemia!
- Asociación Mexicana de diabetes is sharing two free e-books on diabetes self-care and mental health. Accede aquí a la biblioteca AMD en donde encontrarás información y contenido exclusivo en libros, videos e información relevante referente al cuidado de la diabetes.
Here are a few of the most exciting and important resources that we’ve seen about this topic in the last few weeks — we’ll be updating the list regularly as time goes on!
- T1D Exchange welcomes Rick Altinger and John L Brooks III to its Board of Directors. Mr. Altinger And Mr. Brooks are respected and accomplished veteran healthcare executives with broad expertise in type 1 diabetes. Their knowledge and leadership will be instrumental in the organization’s growth and capabilities.
Beyond Type 1.
- Look at the bright side! Check out this article about 10 benefits of social distancing for teens with T1D.
- Beyond Type 2. It’s important to think about our elders with diabetes at a time like this, whether they be our grandparents, friends, or neighbors. Click Here to read some tips about supporting them during the COVID-19 pandemic.
JDFR/Beyond Type 1
- CORONAVIRUS + DIABETES. Find here all the precautions and recommendations to stay safe, and to encourage your community to join you. Endorsed by The American Diabetes Association, Beyond Type 1, Harvard Medical School, ISPAD, and JDRF
- Nick Jonas on Twitter!
- A Story of Diabetes, COVID-19, and Resilience. This story highlights Elizabeth Bolt’s experience, She recently recovered from COVID-19, after having lived with T1D for almost 30 years. Click here to read the full story of her 24-day journey.
American Diabetes Association (ADA)
- Take Action Now: Tell Congress to help people living with diabetes in the next COVID-19 relief legislation. It’s never been more critical that you make your voice heard.
Cecelia Health Blog
- COVID-19 Webinar: A Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialists presented an informative webinar focused on COVID-19 preventative actions, preparedness tips, and coping strategies for people living with diabetes. Staying safe is very important! Click here to learn more.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Join our mailing list for more about T1D