Your Daily News Roundup
Everything you need to know this week about type 1 diabetes and coronavirus updates, in one easy-to-read place.
Researchers, advocates, clinicians, and organizations around the country and across the web have been hard at work, creating resources for people living with T1D to better handle the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
We’re going to take the opportunity to share out some of those resources each week that may help people get through this challenging time with the help of partners and experts.
We will be sharing the most recent, most relevant behavior change content from Beyond Type 1, JDRF, and more!
Take a look!
Here are some of the stories to keep an eye on this week.
- T1D Exchange welcomes Rick Altinger and John L Brooks III to its Board of Directors. Mr. Altinger And Mr. Brooks are respected and accomplished veteran healthcare executives with broad expertise in type 1 diabetes. Their knowledge and leadership will be instrumental in the organization’s growth and capabilities.
Beyond Type 1.
- Look at the bright side! Check out this article about 10 benefits of social distancing for teens with T1D.
- Beyond Type 2. It’s important to think about our elders with diabetes at a time like this, whether they be our grandparents, friends, or neighbors. Click Here to read some tips about supporting them during the COVID-19 pandemic.
JDFR/Beyond Type 1
- CORONAVIRUS + DIABETES. Find here all the precautions and recommendations to stay safe, and to encourage your community to join you. Endorsed by The American Diabetes Association, Beyond Type 1, Harvard Medical School, ISPAD, and JDRF
- Nick Jonas on Twitter!
- A Story of Diabetes, COVID-19, and Resilience. This story highlights Elizabeth Bolt’s experience, She recently recovered from COVID-19, after having lived with T1D for almost 30 years. Click here to read the full story of her 24-day journey.
American Diabetes Association (ADA)
- Take Action Now: Tell Congress to help people living with diabetes in the next COVID-19 relief legislation. It’s never been more critical that you make your voice heard.
Cecelia Health Blog
- COVID-19 Webinar: A Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialists presented an informative webinar focused on COVID-19 preventative actions, preparedness tips, and coping strategies for people living with diabetes. Staying safe is very important! Click here to learn more.
Here are a few of the most exciting and important resources that we’ve seen about this topic in the last few weeks — we’ll be updating the list regularly as time goes on!
- #GivingTuesdayNow. A special thanks to all the people that joined the global GivingTuesday movement! With your generosity, you helped to make a difference for those living with T1D and needing our support during this pandemic.
- Roche. Read more about free access Roche has granted to mySugr Pro to support people with T1D, and healthcare professionals to improve remote diabetes management.
- Beyond Type 1. Click here to see the full Interview with Endocrinologist Dr. Anne Peters. Among other topics, she discussed Quarantine Lifting, Telehealth Wins, DKA Rates, COVID-19, and more!
- Beyond Type 2. Learn tips on how to maintain a healthy diet, and how to navigate through grocery shopping safely.
- JDRF. Find here the top ten questions from the T1D community about coronavirus, what it means for those living with type 1 diabetes, and the responses from experts in the field. Answering Your Questions on Coronavirus
- If you are 65+ years old and T1D, Click here to read what “Higher Risk” means and what you should do in order to mitigate that risk.
- Join JDFR for a Facebook Live and Q&A Friday, May 8th at 6:30 pm ET with Gary Scheiner, MS, CDE. Gary will be talking about what the COVID-19 pandemic has been like for him, both as a person living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), and as a CDE.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Join our mailing list for more about T1D
- An Interview with Dr. Enrique Caballero: Providing Culturally-Oriented Care to the Latinx Communityby Taylor DennisOctober 14, 2021
- Dr. Osagie Ebekozien Awarded ISPAD’s Prize for Innovation in Pediatric Diabetes Careby Sarah TackettOctober 13, 2021
- T1D Exchange Research Highlights from ISPAD 2021by Sarah TackettOctober 13, 2021
- Status Update: Connected Insulin Delivery Devicesby Hope WarshawOctober 7, 2021
- Top Questions of the Day – September 2021by Sarah TackettSeptember 30, 2021