Sign up for a new account.
And get access to
The latest T1D content
Research that matters
Our daily questions
Sign up by entering your info below.
Reset Your Password
We will email you instructions to reset your
Background/Objective: Transition from pediatric to adult diabetes care is a challenging process and identification of patient-specific health care needs, education, and disease management is necessary to track. The purpose of this quality improvement (QI) project was to increase documentation of transition planning by 50% over 6 months at a Pediatric Diabetes Center.
Methods: The READDY assessment tool was identified to assess transition readiness. This tool was used to screen eligible patients ages 17 and older, identified at team meetings, and monthly documentation rates were tracked. Administration of the READDY tool was optimized through multiple Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycles to help improve completion. The tool was first provided in paper form, changed to survey form via email link or QR code, followed by EMR Mychart administration.
Results: Prior to QI efforts, documentation of transition readiness was 0%. After initiation of the READDY tool (paper version), monthly rates of readiness documentation improved to 7%, 26%, 6%, 21% and 44%. At month six with an online version available, 67% of eligible patients had READDY documentation followed by 40% and 55% in subsequent months. Monthly rates following Mychart administration were 46%, 60% and 41%.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Join our mailing list for more about T1D
- Unleash Generosity this GivingTuesdayby Samantha RobinsonNovember 30, 2021
- Meet the Expert: Building Relationships & Making Time to Connectby Jewels DoskiczNovember 29, 2021
- Black Friday Deals that Give Backby Samantha RobinsonNovember 26, 2021
- The Impact of Connections for People Living with T1Dby Dalyce WilsonNovember 24, 2021
- WIN – Giveaway to Celebrate National Diabetes Awareness Monthby Samantha RobinsonNovember 17, 2021