The T1D Exchange Annual Meeting is designed to bring together our members—global diabetes stakeholders from industry, foundation, investment, and research—to foster collaborations and generate new idea that can improve outcomes in type 1 diabetes.
On October 21st, 2016, T1D Exchange will host its 4th Annual Meeting and convene 175 leaders to exchange unique perspectives and robust ideas around Innovations in Care. Together, these stakeholders will explore important topics including:
- T1D Exchange in Action: Explore highlights and findings from the last year in our patient, clinical, and science programs.
- Innovations in understanding the origin of T1D: A panel of experts will discuss state-of-the-art diagnostics and scientific insights that can enhance our understanding of the origins of type 1 diabetes.
- Cellular and biopharmaceutical Innovations: This session will ask leading experts to discuss novel therapies at different stages, from preclinical to Phase 4.
- The 3 Ds: devices, digital health solutions, and decision-making support: This session will bring attendees up to speed on innovations in digital tool platforms that enable devices to be smart and provide opportunities for predictive analytics based on actionable data.
- Translating Innovations—the challenges and the path forward: A variety of experts explore the challenges and path forward in how to prepare for and successfully translate new innovations.
This Year’s Keynote
Industry innovator Alexandra Drane will lead our audience on an exploration of how harnessing technology and innovation can improve managing type 1 diabetes and quality of life in a challenging health care environment.
Alexandra is currently president and co-founder of Eliza Corporation, a leading provider of integrated healthcare communication strategies and one of Entrepreneur magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies (2009).
Diabetes Innovation Challenge
This year, the Annual Meeting closes with the finale of the inaugural Diabetes Innovation Challenge a collaborative program of T1D Exchange and M2D2 for the open competition to identify and accelerate transformational advancements in diabetes research and care.
At the Annual Meeting, selected finalists will feature their opportunity at the program and winners will be awarded cash and valuable in-kind mentoring and development services provided by T1D Exchange and M2D2, and is supported by industry sponsors, including lead sponsors, JDRF International and the American Diabetes Association.
Register for the Annual Meeting
Member organizations receive two complementary tickets to the Annual Meeting. Additional tickets may be purchased based on availability.
A limited number of hotel rooms have been reserved at a special rate for this meeting. For more information, please visit the hotel website and reference T1D Exchange group code “1019T1DEXC.“