We are committed to building and maintaining a culture that values our people as our most important assets and as partners in the company’s success. Realizing that the interests of the company and its people go hand in hand, we are committed to attracting the best talent available. We believe that our competitive edge lies in the quality of the team we assemble to serve our partners.
Position: Director of Annual Giving
Classification: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Location: Boston, MA
T1D Exchange is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated Director of Annual Giving. The Director of Annual Giving will develop and implement strategies for substantial grassroots program growth, high touch cultivation of new and prospective donors, and be responsible for demonstrating organizational impact through communications with multiple donor audiences.
Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, the Director of Annual Giving will also be responsible for effectively managing/driving project timelines; coordinating high quality on-time deliverables; overseeing operational tasks associated with projects, and efficiently communicating next steps and obstacles.
We seek an exceptional communicator with advanced project management and analytical skills and a proven ability to collaborate across departments to implement processes and achieve results.
- Strategy and Management of Appeals and Content:
- Work with the Chief of Advancement to develop and execute strategies to further the growth of the Advancement program
- Build and manage an annual calendar of Appeal campaigns including direct mail, email, events, public relations, and social media
- Partner with Marketing, Business Development, Biobank, Quality Improvement, and other Advancement staff to maximize existing and developing content across all fundraising efforts.
- Donor Engagement and Communications:
- Oversee campaign activities to ensure that overall communications are consistent with the organization’s messaging goals
- Develop and implement strategic processes for welcoming new donors, securing monthly recurring fits, and promoting matching gifts
- Strategize and implement regional friend and fundraising events and effective follow up that will build awareness of T1D Exchange and engage attendees further through impactful cultivation
- Ensure relevant stewardship communications are developed and delivered to donors.
- Operations and Reporting
- Work closely with finance team to develop analytics reporting and data-driven recommendations to grow the donor portfolio and program revenue
- Supervise database management duties, and maintain understanding of the CRM database as needed
- Manage vendors and provide strategic direction
- Review regular benchmark reports on all fundraising initiatives and ensure appropriate action is taken to guarantee program is on course to meet fundraising goals
- Resolve prospect management tracking issues in a timely, effective manner; develop and implement processes to ensure proper coding and stewardship of donors and timely, accurate delivery of acknowledgements.
- Continually develop professional knowledge of the fundraising industry in order to recommend new methods and ways to grow the program
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in direct response fundraising and marketing, including experience with budgeting, staffing, and leading teams to generate high quality results
- 3 or more years of experience managing large, cross-functional projects and teams
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization
- Advanced project-management, team-management, and client-management skills; ability to achieve results with limited supervision
- Experience successfully managing key internal and external stakeholders and relationships
- Proven ability to collaborate across departments to implement processes and achieve results with a track record of building and maintaining productive relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion
- Proven ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices
- Proficiency with member/donor related CRM database systems, including Blackbaud systems and Salesforce; advanced proficiency with Word, Excel and other Microsoft systems required
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience) in business, advertising, communications, marketing or related discipline required; Master’s degree or equivalent experience also required.
- Effective presentation skills, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and skill set essential
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an Advancement professional looking to make a clear and immediate impact. For consideration, please send resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to T1D Exchange 11 Avenue De Lafayette, 5th Floor, Boston, MA. 02111 Attn: Human Resources
More about our organization:
T1D Exchange is an innovative nonprofit company dedicated to improving care and accelerating therapies for people affected by type 1 diabetes (T1D). We have developed a new patient-centered model that accelerates progress, connects key stakeholders, and links patient insight to all stages of research, development and delivery of T1D solutions. T1D Exchange is a proven leader in advancing drugs and devices to market more efficiently, and facilitates interactions between patients, clinicians, researchers, and industry.
Position: Director of Online Content Strategy
Classification: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Location: Boston, MA
T1D Exchange is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate Director of Online Content Strategy to join our expanding team. The Directory of Online Content Strategy’s primary role is to cultivate and foster engagement as well as facilitate patient centered research with patients and caregivers in T1D Exchange’s type1 diabetes online community, MyGlu.org.
We seek an experienced healthcare writer/editor with a background in content strategy that can drive the Glu strategy by understanding the needs of the T1D community and translating that into online engagement, increasing use and utility of the site and driving research.
- Lead the strategic development of T1D Exchange’s patient and caregiver community, MyGlu.org:
- Drive, plan and manage strategic, interesting and informative content to the diverse participants of Glu that best supports the T1D Exchange mission-based research, engagement and fundraising needs
- Partner with Communications and Research teams to strategize, execute and support content that help to grow Glu while continuing to expand its reach, grow the community and diversify participants. Support the creation and sourcing of clinical/medical articles and information, as well as the engaging the community in research
- Lead online platform strategies to support research activities, and to create an enhanced user experience, deeper engagement and best practices using marketing automation techniques
- Ensure a social strategy is implemented to maintain a community brand presence on Glu and in social networks
- Coordinate with marketing team to track, manage and ensure adherence to the editorial calendar while also ensuring social media channels operate seamlessly with Glu content strategy
- Actively participate in patient engagement platform, including moderation and feeding of discussion on Glu
- Work closely with the Advancement team on strategies for cultivation, fundraising and conversion (from community participant to donor) initiatives.
- Represent and present Glu to grow the community and drive ongoing engagement and participation in key activities; supporting outreach and networking efforts at area, regional and national events:
- Contribute to planning and execution of events, including coordinating with business development, advancement, and research teams to identify opportunities for community engagement, educational, research, outreach and fundraising opportunities for local type 1 communities
- Coordinate overall Glu internal project management across Business Development, Advancement, Research, analytics and technology development; and WordPress administration.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, publications, public health, or marketing
- 10 years’ experience in copywriting, social media, journalism, public relations public health or multi-media design
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and measure impact of strategy, content, preferably, in a non-profit, and/or research organization
- Technically savvy with strong skills in MSOffice and WordPress; experience working with a marketing technology platform (such as Marketo or HubSpot) and MailChimp
- Experience managing an online community a plus
- Ability to drive digital strategies across web and social channels
- Strong communicator with exceptional verbal, writing and editing skills
- Scientific or technical writing experience a plus
- A strong track record as an implementer and strategist who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Strong and proven knowledge of type 1 diabetes (T1D)
- Passion for creating and implementing new initiatives
- Enthusiasm for, and experience with, developing innovative web and digital/social media strategies, including research and fundraising efforts
- Commitment to working collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, Board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, ability to work independently, and with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Experience managing multiple assignments in short timeframes while delivering high-quality results
- Ability to travel to conferences within the US 4–5 times per year.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a professional looking to make a clear and immediate impact. For consideration, please send resume, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com, or mail to T1D Exchange 11 Avenue De Lafayette, 5th Floor Boston, MA. 02111, Attn: Human Resources
More about our organization:
T1D Exchange is an innovative nonprofit company dedicated to improving care and accelerating therapies for people affected by type 1 diabetes. We have developed a new patient-centered model that accelerates progress, connects key stakeholders, and links patient insight to all stages of research, development and delivery of T1D solutions. T1D Exchange is a proven leader in advancing drugs and devices to market more efficiently, and facilitates interactions between patients, clinicians, researchers, and industry.