Sign up for a new account.
And get access to
The latest T1D content
Research that matters
Our daily questions
Sign up by entering your info below.
Reset Your Password
We will email you instructions to reset your
Limited research exists regarding the burdens associated with type 1 diabetes (T1D). The study’s objective was to understand the impact of T1D from people with T1D and caregivers of minors with T1D. Six focus groups were conducted, with a total of 31 participants. Participants included people with T1D, ages 23 to 72 (n = 17) and caregivers ages 34 to 55 (n = 14). Participants were recruited from T1D Exchange Glu. People with T1D reported time spent managing diabetes had greatest impact, while caregivers reported financial and employment sacrifices as most impactful. Our findings provide insight into the real-world daily impact of diabetes.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Join our mailing list for more about T1D
- Type 1 Diabetes Online Resources – September 2021by Samantha RobinsonSeptember 9, 2021
- T1D Exchange Appoints Two New Members to its Board of Directorsby Deborah TaylorSeptember 8, 2021
- Status Update: Automated Insulin Delivery Devicesby Hope WarshawSeptember 1, 2021
- Top Questions of the Day – August 2021by Sarah TackettAugust 31, 2021
- A Guide to CGMs and Medicaid Coverage Differences by Stateby Christine FallabelAugust 26, 2021