David Walton, CEO of T1D Exchange, sat down this week with Scott Benner, host of the Juicebox Podcast, to talk about their respective history with type 1 diabetes. The conversation covered a wide range of topics: Scott and Dave discussed their personal relationships with T1D, experiences in the industry, and strategies for dealing with the disease.
They also discussed the surveillance study that T1D Exchange is doing in patients with diabetes and COVID-19, and examined some general issues regarding the use of insulin, as well as opportunities to improve outcomes through education and use of technology.
“You can’t manage what you don’t measure,” said Dave during the conversation with Scott. “In general, with this collaborative we have, we’re focused on improving care. We work collaboratively with leading diabetes centers, and we’re growing that and we’ll be at over 20 centers that do that with us, picking out topics like, how do you drive CGM uptake? How do you screen for depression more consistently? Because these things impact care.”
Hear more now on:
Apple Podcasts ⇢ http://bit.ly/JBPAPod
Android ⇢ http://bit.ly/jbpandroid
Spotify ⇢ http://bit.ly/JBPspot
Google Podcast ⇢ http://bit.ly/JBPgoogle
Online ⇢ ardensday.com/episodes/jbp330
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Join our mailing list for more about T1D
- Dr. Osagie Ebekozien Awarded ISPAD’s Prize for Innovation in Pediatric Diabetes Careby Sarah TackettOctober 13, 2021
- T1D Exchange Research Highlights from ISPAD 2021by Sarah TackettOctober 13, 2021
- Status Update: Connected Insulin Delivery Devicesby Hope WarshawOctober 7, 2021
- Top Questions of the Day – September 2021by Sarah TackettSeptember 30, 2021
- Connect1d Canada partners with the T1D Exchangeby Deborah TaylorSeptember 20, 2021